Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Karoshi

Karoshi are a melodic crust band from Nashville. Their 7 inch is graced with mid-tempo melodic intros, gag/choke vocals coming from three vocalists, some screamo influence, d-beat trimmings and fast crusty riffs. Not unlike Ekkaia or Deathreat, though they are often compared to From Ashes Rise. Awesome album art, poetic and political lyrics with metaphors that aren't about broken hearts or blood, but rather being an artist in a city that could give two fucks. A powerhouse of crusty sound. A lot of you might not like it first time through, I was unsure, but after a few listens you'll be trying to scream along.

From what I hear the LP is going to blow this out of the water. Stoked.

I hope Geoff forgets I owe him seven bucks, but if he doesn't I'd like to thank him for the Warcry shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment